Mitsubishi FX-128MR PLC

drbig

Hi,
I have a problem with this unit (FX-128MR). I need to program this PLC. I would appreciate if anyone can let me know:
1. Programing cable pin out diagram.
2. Programming software that will work with windows XP enviroment.
3. Any other information that related to this PLC programming connection.
Thanks in advance!
drbig

software required is Melsec GX-developer
programming cable = SC002 RS232 TO RS422 CONVERTER CABLE
(PC DB9 COM PORT to PLC PROGRAMMING PORT DB25

Thanks for the quick reply atreloar!
But do you have the pin out diagram for sc002 cable. I would like to build one.Thanks!

the actual cable has a maxi RS232/RS422 chip inside the DB9 end
PLC PIN OUT side I don't have the SC002 pinout available today
1------------------|
2 TX+ |
3 RX+ |
4 CTS+ |
5 RST+ |
7----|-------------|
8----|
12------|
13------|
15 RX-
16 TX-
17 CTS-
18 RTS-
20--------|
21--------|

question:
1. Do I have still need maxim converter chip?
2. What should be the baud rate setting for the comm? How to set it in the PLC for the PLC comm port?

Hi I found a lot of equivalent cables and even really cheap hi end units eg USB to 422 units from companies in China. Also if you really can't afford the developer software you can download (search google) the older software (Medoc). Not my thing but I thought I'd mention it -and hey it was the latest thing back then.
If you want prices etc on the Chinese equivelents contact me.

Best Regards
David
[email protected]

Well, I do not have converter chip to do this. So I have decided to buy one, sc-09 cable. I do not know whether I can make one. I could not find a proper complete circuit till now. Thats okay, thank you guys for the help!

Cable and software for Mitsubishi

Well there is a cable that one can make that does work up to and including the FX2N. There are a few posts with the image. I have tried and tested it and it works. However do not try to use this with an opc server as rs422 uses 2 control lines for communications and so when you are monitoring it'll be down for a minute and then available for a minute as it swaps control lines. Any RS422 to RS232 converter can be used for programming the FX range of plc's. A lot cheaper than the SC09 cable. The serial numbers for such software are actually bundled in the installation file of the application , so upon first installation when it asks for serial number , goto your temp folder and find the one dll and open with textpad. The answer will be in there. Good luck people.

comunication

software required is Melsec GX-developer
programming cable = SC002 RS232 TO RS422 CONVERTER CABLE
(PC DB9 COM PORT to PLC PROGRAMMING PORT DB25

comuniction error is showing time by time with plc fx2nc whats the resons. is anti virus is disturbing?