OT: Va-cation! You deserve it.

surferb

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just wanted to put out a friendly reminder to all the workoholics on here to set aside time for themselves in between startups!

I just got back from a vacation in Bali - and was it fantastic! Details and pictures are available on my blog.

Anyone have interesting recent or upcoming trips to share?

Vacation

I just got notice that Im headed for a long vacation, our plant is closeing next friday, automotive stamping plant, the plant has been around for 40 years, chrylser came in and pulled all their tooling, just like that, we had a perfect record for 40 years, we went form 350 employees to 25 right now, I have been here for 16 years machine maintenance, my wife works at the same plant comstomer service 28 years, what a hit, we also run GM, but I have good inside info they are going to file on the 28th so I guess it looks like the unemployment line for me and my wife, bummer, I just bought a new dodge truck last year, now thats a kick in the a$$. I have been reading this forum for a long time, I dont post due to my lack of experience but it has been fun, can anyone tell me how I can change my e-mail address on this site, I will be losseing my company e-mail on friday

Near top - left, 'Profile'. In that down the left side to Edit Email and Password.

By the way - what a bummer. The worker gets it in the end. Those who made the stupid decisions are getting bonuses.

Near top - left, 'Profile'. In that down the left side to Edit Email and Password.

By the way - what a bummer. The worker gets it in the end. Those who made the stupid decisions are getting bonuses.

Bernie I disagree the employee does NOT get it in the end. He gets the pink slip first.

I think
1. top management should have part of their pay proportional to number of employees.
2. Pink slips should start at the top.
3. There should be a timer and explosive charge in every exec chair and they have to punch time clocks spread out on factory floor.

Dan Bentler

By the way - what a bummer.
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a long-term job is very discouraging, but I hope you will not give up. You might find that this is the kick needed to find something better to do with your life.

We also run GM, but I have good inside info they are going to file on the 28th
Then a few weeks after the 28th will be a good time to get back some of your money. Today GM stock is $1.45 (who would have believed that 10 years ago!). Buy $2000 in GM stock wehn it goes to 2 cents a share as predicted, and when Obama has to bail them out of bankruptcy, the price will go up to 5 or 6 dollars. Then sell it out quick, and get some of your hard-given years back.

Those who made the stupid decisions are getting bonuses.
Yes, and President Obama is solving the problem by closing Chrylser dealers. Please, somebody explain how closing some of their dealers will help Chrylser manufacturing? Fewer places to buy, have to drive 100 miles to get one, then I for one will probably buy a Toyota (or something else closer to home).

Besides all that, doesn't the President's advisors know that it is illegal to close down dealer franchises, to just take them away, with no compensating payment? If he really does that, the case wil be studied by law students for the next 50 years, about the time it will be tied up in court.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys

Yesterday was a pretty sad day around here, I stayed late to clean out my office, and the bank came in, checking all machinery,documenting everything, I would like to say that this company is family owend, they have lost everything trying to keep it going, we used to keep all scrap money, nice little bank roll for hard times, then Gm and Chrysler came in and took all the scrap money, two years ago Gm and Chrysler paid us to do a 1/8" trim change on all tooling to save on scrap 1/8" can you belive that, now I know it can add up in the long run but 1/8" , they just keep taking and taking untill there is no more to take and then they pull their work and you are out on the street, the owner of the company is 87 years old, started this company making small details for tools and then he started to build tools, and from there he got into stamping, built this company from 1000 square feet to over 150,000 square feet, 35 punch presses from 100 ton to 1000 ton, 65 production welders, and he is lossing everything I think I feel worse for him then I do for myself, he has been a great boss and owner

Oh no dont feel bad, it gave me a way to get it out, what really gets me is Chylser had to find four differant companys to run what we ran in one plant, where is the logic:mad:

Oh no dont feel bad, it gave me a way to get it out, what really gets me is Chylser had to find four differant companys to run what we ran in one plant, where is the logic:mad:

The Almighty Buck??. I think that is a crying shame. Corporate America expects the workforce to be loyal to them and yet I see less and less loyalty to the workforce.

Dan Bentler