PV+600 / ML1100 Ethernet Coms Issue....grrrr

Norml

Hi guys,

This morning I was called over to a machine that has been running fine for months. The screen had ?????s everywhere so that I know that it lost coms. I checked it with FT View ME and both the PV+ and the PLC show up when browsing. The target setup in RSLinx is still OK. I'm using fixed ip addresses so DHCP hasn't pulled a fast one on me. I took several shots at compiling and reloading the .mer but nothing changed. So - my last resort was to pull a spare PV+ (new) off the shelf and swapped it out. I still have ??????s everywhere so a new unit didn't fix the problem. I've done about a dozen of these setups so I thought I knew what I was doing. Any ideas?

Something else has 'appeared' on the network with the same address as the PV+?

Cabling between the PV+ and PLC.

PLC has exceeded its no. of connections, not sure what it is for the ML1100?

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input. It ended up being an intermittent cable between the PV+ and the ML1100. When I opened the panel door, the PV worked. It took a while to figure it out because when I closed the door to look at the screen it had already lost coms. Sheesh.

I fixed a strapping maching this morning by wiggling the connectors. Its amazing how many problems are the result of bad connections.