Mobile Data Comms in South Korea

BryanG

A customers customer is having trouble finding a supplier of mobile phone SIMs in South Korea for a 'Machine to Machine' application. They need a 'fixed, public facing IP address' on a SIM that can be anything from GSM/GPRS to UMTS/HSDPA, but the quicker the connection the better. The SIMs will be used in Digi Connect WAN 3G modems to give access to mobile machines and to allow them to upload process data.

I did some web research and found a couple of companies that do 'machine to machine' in South Korea but the end user still says they can't find a supplier. I emailed the companies that I found but got no replies.

I know we have a few members from South Korea, I was wondering if someone closer to the area would have better contacts and information. I did check and 3G seems to be the right system to use but if I have chosen the wrong modem, can you point me to a right modem for the area.

Thanks

Bryan