1756 chassis ventilation

austin

I have to AB 1756 17 slot chassis that, due to a design error (not mine) wont fit where needed. So the only thing I can do is mount them butted up against each other. I have good ventilation on top and bottom, but will have none to the left of the 2nd chassis's power supply.

Has anybody done this before, will it work okay if the environment is cool, it's in an air conditioned room?

Thanks

Austin

Yeah I read the requirements but people don't always go by the reccomendations.

In this particular situation the only option I've found so far is a remote power supply, that would work but is more money.

Austin

Every time I jam pack stuff I regret it. I dont follow factory reccos for spacing either. I increase em by 50% if not for cooling then to let me run wires.

Dan Bentler

That's usually the way I am but this time the design wasn't mine, had some major screw ups, and I'm stuck trying to make the best of it.
I prefer to be on the safe side of manufacturers reccomendations whenever I can. If nothing else for ease of wiring and maintenence.