Ethernet Communications

tanndog

I have a CLX plc on an isolated network I am trying to get data from. I was using a computer running WonderWare with two network cards in it as the bridge. The source computer would read the data from the plc and then my computer Wonderware would read the data from the source Wonderware. I recently updated my computer from 9.0 to 10 on Wonderware and now I can't get the data from the source machine. I am told the differing versions will prevent the transfer of this data.

Does anyone know how to tell Wonderware to continuously write a piece of data to a spread sheet so I can then read it from the spreadsheet? Any better idea would work too. I am not responsible for the source machine so I can't just upgrade the other deparments machine to restore this lost link.

I wouldn't advise using WW to bridge ...
Put an additional ethernet card in the CLX chassis.

You should be able to access the 1st WW station IO server from the 2nd WW station directly.
Which method did you use to communicate between the WW's before?