adding over 32767

cuttemall

hello all,

i am using a micro 1000 and adding 4 counters that will total over 32767. i am using 1 [add] for 2 counter for a total of 2 [add] moving both to an [N] file then adding the 2 [N[ files in another [add] will fault if i go over 32767 as it says in the help intsruction how do i if i need to set the over flow bit and still view the correct count on the program.

thanks

Normally you would use a float as your destination file to add numbers larger than 32,767 but if my memory is correct micrologix 1000 does not support floating point so you will have to count to say 30,000 for example ( anything lower than 32,767 ) then increment a counter . so using my example if your counter had an accumulated value of 10 that would be 300,000.

I've done it using 2 consecutive integers. One counting 0-9999 and the other counting 10,000s. Kind of the same thing except as above but easier to know the count without doing any math...

Maybe you should explain what you intent to do with the results. If it is just to display, both the above methods will work, if not.....

Best Regards