SLC5/05 RS232 to Panelview 1000 DH+

Protiusmime

Looking for directives for practical method of connecting the RS232 port of an AB 1756-L55/A processing unit to an AB 2711-T10C8 panel. I have heard that the AIC+ will do this? Possible? Thanks for any help.đź“š

Looking for directives for practical method of connecting the RS232 port of an AB 1756-L55/A processing unit to an AB 2711-T10C8 panel. I have heard that the AIC+ will do this? Possible? Thanks for any help.đź“š

The title of your post says SLC5/05 but the post text says 1756-L55/A ( ControlLogix). Which one do you have?

If a Controllogix then a 1756-DHRIO module may be the way to go.
If its a SLC5/05 then a external device DF1 to DH+ or Ethernet to DH+ converter will probably be a solution.

Or replace the PV with a DF1 or Ethernet protocol PV.

Oops. Sorry about this. It is indeed a L55 ControlLogix, and the PV is DH+. The problem is...we do not have any DH in the llogix side and no slot avail for RIO. So, the idea is to mount a SLC 5/05 to ethernet and connect the SLC serial to the PV with straight RS232. I am interested in the AIC, however. Hope this clears my confusion a bit.

If the PV is DH+ then you cannot connect to the serial port of your SLC. The serial port on that PV is for upload/download or printer only. It cannot be used for a connection to the SLC.

A AIC+ is usually used for DH485 and RS232 isolation.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mickey, for fast reply. I was wondering if it was possible to use an AIC or AIC+ and utilize the DH+ input on the PV. Am I in a useless JSR? Thanks.

The AIC will not work with DH+.

AIC+ is for RS232 to DH485 and RS232 isolation

AIC is DH485 only

Last edited:
Ok. Thank you, Mickey. I am going to suggest we just byte the bullet and purchase an ethernet ready PV. Either way, there is some cost, so might as well do it up with forward thinking ideas. Thanks again.