S7 200 USS communication with Master drive MC

nehe bhimaji

Dear All
We have done S7 200 CPU 224 XP USS communication with Micromaster MM440 .But I don,t know "communication between master drive MC and S7 200 on USS
Pls help
I have to transfer speed referance,Position setpoint to the master drive MC

I tried on siemens site to search the doccument but not found:handball:
Waiting for the help
Warm Regards
Nehe

Hi there
Well you need USS library installed so as to use USS commands.
USS_INIT is used to initialize the USS communication and then you can send the speed reference using USS_CTRL command (speed is send in %, 100% means 50Hz and 50% means 25Hz) and then you can use the instruction USS_RPM_R to display the parameter like current,frequency,voltage etc only thing to remeber is that only one USS_RPM_R instruction can be active at any given time.

How to connect the profibus cable to drive just type USS in the HELP of the microwin and then select "USS Library:Connecting and Setting Up the MicroMaster Series 4 Drive"

Done

As already posted you need to BUY the USSLibrary from Siemens for Microwin.

Then you will have the relevant blocks to talk to the Micromaster.

Thanks
But these instrunction is valid for Master drive MC???
I have to communicate Masterdrive MC and have to write Position setpoint and Speed setpoit
Pls Help
Warm Regards
nehe
Hello nehe;
The Masterdrive MC does accept USS commands, and the interface is the same as with other Siemens drives that also exchange over USS. The PKW/PZD structure common the USS and Profibus-DP (Profidrive profile) is also used on Masterdrives MC.
However, the specific parameters required for communication and control of the drive varies for each family of drives, so if you are attemopting to use the same Control Word commands as you would have used on a MM4 this will not work. You must setup the parametrization of the MC to accept USS, then you must setup your application to read/write specific values acceptable to the M<C.
The following link will take you to the Marsterdrive MC Compedium, a big download, but it is the most important document you could find to use a MC drive.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/13472407

Chapter 8 contains information on setting up the drive for USS and the contents of the Control and Speed reference words.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks for your support
I have already USS library installed in microwin.Also successful communication with micromaster drive has been done.But my dought was ,Can I use same instruction of USS to Masterdrive MC? No dought, there is change in Data,s of diffrent drives.Now I will try it with Master drive MC and let you know
Nehe

sorry to ack your thread but i'm curious as i never had to do it but maybe someday....
To communicate from 200 to MM4 on USS, do you just need uss library with the plc serial port working ?