Slc 504-503

Blackbill

I am looking for a quick and easy and cheap method of passing about 5 words of data between,one way only,these PLCs. Can I do it using the serial port and transmitting ascii code between the two.

How far apart are they?
No need for ASCII. If they are within 50 feet (15m) then the serial port ( null-modem cable) with DF1 protocol using a message instruction will work just fine.
If they are more then 15m apart then configure the SLC5/04's serial ports for DH485 and connect to the SLC5/03's DH485 port, some extra hardware may be required AIC+,AIC and again use a message instruction.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Probably a silly question and asked a hundred times already, but i tried to do some searching here and couldn't find this question. I have 502's...
Replies
Views
I got a failed SLC-504, swapped out with a on the shelf 503. Not sure if my files are latest/greatest from the original 504. I swapped the...
Replies
Views
Hello All: I have searched here and AB but I can’t find the answer. Can you get a 5/03 and a 5/04 on the same network of any type, I...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever seen this before. I have a SLC 504 running a very small program and it would seem the TON wouldn't start counting using the...
Replies
Views
I have a SLC504 in the field that is communicating DH+ to several other SLC504 and the RS232 port is communicating to a panel view plus 1000. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom