Flaky AB Comms

Doug_Adam

I am having a bit of a problem communicating with Micrologix PLCs.
I am using RSlinx Classic, with a USB to serial port and RSlogix 500 standard.
I get the same problem communicating with a Micrologix 1000 and 1100.
I can generally get the the communications working, can download, and go online. The problem is that it will go through periods of dropping out. This is especially a problem when going on line, and sometimes when downloading.

I am an AB newbie, although apart from this problem everything else seems not hard to pick up.

Anyone got any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Hi Oakley,

I am using an Aten USB to Serial converter.
I was originally sold this one to program Pilz programmable safety relays, however I found it could do all PLCs that tried. The AB PLCs are the only ones that seem to be unreliable for communications.

I also have factory talk, which caused a bit of trouble. I found a section in the help topics on how to use RSlinx enterprise and classic at the same time which I am currently working through. At the moment, I have to switch one off to get the other working.

Hi Mickey,

Followed your link and tried what it said.

I won't be switching off my virus checker, but I have done everything else.
Hope this works, and Thanks,

Doug