S7 400 communication issues

hemanth8400

Hi every body ,
I have a S7 400 PLC .One RIO cabinet is near the PLC so we used copper cable and another RIO cabinet is far away about 800 metres so we had to use OFC cable ...I want to know whether is there any extra settings to be done in order to communcate this network ..I have an OLM (Optical to fibre optic convertor )I have set the dip switch settings also ..But it is not communicating .Have checked the cable also ...Please help me out with this

Hello hemanth;
What type of connection have you established between the CPU and the "RIO" ? Profibus-DP(You don't give any technical details in your request)? in that case, which version of the OLM are you using, and what topology are you selecting on the Dip switches?
Here you will find a link to the Profibus OLM v. 4 Operating Instructions manual, that will give you an idea of the settings required on the OLMs you are using, I hope.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/24164176
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier