SLC 5/04 to 1761-NET-ENI (for Ethernet/IP)

TomBrady

Hello,
does anybody know how to program an AB SLC 5/04 to send a block of data to a 1761-NET-ENI card for Ethernet/IP translation?
I would also need to receive data from the same interface.

I looked in RSLogix 500 but cannot find the 1761 module.

Any help/info would be appreciated,
Thanks

I can't configure that $%!%&*% 1761-NET-ENI module.
It should be pre-configured to 192.168.1.254 but I can't ping it.
This might be related to the fact that the fault light is blinking at soon as it boots up.

Does anyone know how to reset to factory default?

Yes, I read the installation part of the manual and did not see anywhere how to reset to factory defaults. Of course I should be able to configure the IP through RS-232 but I don't have the cable.
I was trying to do without which should be possible according to documentation with no luck probably because of fault.
So I ordered the cable but I still don't know if the module will accept RS-232 communication while at fault.

Yeah, you are right. The manual doesn't cover a reset to factory defaults. Is this a new unit or a used one?

Have you downloaded Rockwell's BootP tool to see if the Net-Eni module is sending out BootP requests when you power it on? If it is you can use this tool to set up the network address. (link to tool is in the user's guide.)

I set up two of these modules recently. They were both pulled from existing installations and I had no record of the network addressing.

I powered them up, used a homemade serial cable that I hacked out of some old cables the IT guys had laying around, and then used the net-eni config tool via the serial port.

I did this without connecting anything to the Ethernet port, so I'm fairly confident the fault light was flashing while I did the configuration.

I think it is a new unit but I'm not sure...

Yes, I have downloaded the config tool (ENIWUTIL.EXE) is that the one?
I am not sure how to check if it sends BootP request though, specially since I cannot initiate connection...

I have a mini DIN to DB9 adapter and a null modem cable but the config tool gives me the "Invalid Comm port selected" error.
I expect the cable to be the problem (I tried both 19200 and 38400 baud rates).

Could you give me your pin out for the serial cable (DB9 to mini DIN)?

Thanks for the invaluable info!

I made some progress thanks to Monkeyhead!

The BootP utility allowed me to configure the IP address through the Ethernet port. But I still can't access it through RS-232...

Now I have a problem setting up the MSG command for the SLC 5/04 to transfer data via the 1761 unit. Error says that the CPU is not supported?!?!?!?