Need password on panelview plus.

What have you done so far ? Is there a particular aspect of using Users and Passwords on the PV+ that you are having trouble with, or have you just not found where to start ?

Usernames and Passwords are managed using FactoryTalk View Studio for Machine Edition software.

You then create Login and Logout objects (generally pushbuttons) and condition various objects in the project (like visibility animation and display navigation) to allow or disallow access by particular users or user groups.

You should see a Runtime Security icon in the System folder of the project organizer. That's where you start.

Security features have changes between the 3.x and 4.x/5.x versions of RSView ME, so you will see some references to the old way of configuring things and the new ways of configuring things.

The User Manual for FactoryTalk View ME describes Security features in Chapter 11. From FTView Studio, select Help -> Online Books -> Users Guide Volume 1.

Problem Resolve

Thank you Ken for your reply. Once again I was making it harder on myself than nessary. The password is working fine. After posting here I got a cup of coffee and clared my brain out. I missed the part about setting the user permissions.

Once again thank you.:oops:

Just as an aside, the PV+ system really bites when it comes to user accounts and passwords and permissions; especially if you ever have to backup/restore applications.

If you are only trying to control access to certain functions (like Maintenance / Setup screens) and such, I find it easier just to use a numeric or string tag in the PLC and PV+. Idea being, you write a number to the PLC as a 'Password', and if it equals the target value in the PLC, you set a bit to TRUE, which the HMI then reads to enable/make visable the password protected access.

To clear the access, just have a button to write 0 to the password tag, or have a timer in the PLC that automagically clears it.