FactoryTalk View question

fspafford

I would like to use an HMI tag as the index for reading a tag from a ControlLogix PLC. For example, the tag would look something like this:

{#1.Test_Link[{NT_Selected_Index}].FieldA}

If I set NT_Selected_Index to 5, I would like to read:

{#1.Test_Link[5].FieldA}

Is this possible?

Regards,

Frank

I also have my doubts that you can do this. I would investigate the derived tag function in FT View. I don't have access to it right now but, I think that's what it is called.

It looks like you are using parameter files already?

Can you not use them more creatively to achieve what you are trying?

Otherwise, you may have to do some of it in the PLC?

Similar Topics

Good morning: If anyone made HMI project change, will it automatically stores HMI project change in HMI project at Factorytalk View SE HMI Project...
Replies
Views
So I am trying to animate a button that navigates to the alarm summary screen to blink red if any alarms are in alarm and unacknowledged. So in...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to downgrade the version of development in a backup "APA" file? I am using v11 and a client only have v10 and was hoping to make...
Replies
Views
Opened a FTView ME version 10 project that someone else did. (I opened it in FTView Studio.) There is a Text field on one of the displays that...
Replies
Views
I am currently using a FactoryTalk program to log data and display a trend on one of my machines. I have it all working, the question i have is if...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom