Izumi FA-2J 1:N protocol

sapoleon

Hi everybody!

Again i need some help! (i allways does). We received a project a couple of weeks ago, it includes the comunication via PC to 3 Izumis PLC, but... I don´t have the protocol.

I have research and asked for help here in Argentina, and looked in the web for answers, but up to now, i didn´t get any.

I want to know if anyone have the information to make the 1:N protocol for the Izumi FA-2J, or if anyone knows were can i find it.

from now, thaks to all.

sapoleón

Go to Google.com and search for IDEC FA2J

Search for WindLDR software also, it will communicate with the FA-2J
Here's a link to some PDF manuals. http://www.idec.com/usa/
Click on Literature and support, then on catalog PDF

Last edited:
thanks, but the problem is not only to communicate with the PLC. I need to implement a contro in Visual o C++ to manage and read the PLC parameters. (this people don´t want to use Izumi´s SCADA).

So, i need the 1:N protocol.

Their application is already running. I need to do a 'supervision software'.

I have searched IDEC´s web site, but the protocol for the FA-2J is not there. I´ve asked for it, but, I didn´t get any answers by now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
own development

thanks for the advice from the own development.

i know, respect and accept the teory of time is money, and the time cost of own development of somthing allready developed. (more if that is software, that is only time).

but, you have forget a crucial factor hier, i´m in argentina. that means, money is money, time is nothing, dollars are 3x money (or more). hier you have a lot of people with great knowledge, but you don´t have rights, and no one will pay for something that someone can develop with just time, and you pay fast nothing...

so, if someone wants something and pay little, you know who and where you can call...

3rd world exist, believe it or not...

Ask IDEC to send you one example of a command-response format with the checksum already figured, so that when you write your application, you can test it with a known good example.

When you get it, how about sharing it with us here?

Last edited:
The idec FA2J is the same as the Square D modle 50 as well, Idec made it for Square D. So if you have a good Square D distributor maybe they could help you as well.

thanks

Thanks for the tip. I´ll look after it. I´ll try to post what we make hier, the proble is, that we are developing the driver in MicroC, that is a C for an italiensh scada named SuperFlash.