Stuck @ boot screen on E700. HELP! pls

a11anjones

(y) Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I lok forward to contributing to the site. I have found this site as a consequence of working on a HMI and stumbling across a problem that I am struggling to get anywhere with. I am running an E700. I tried to download an E700 V6.0 into an E700 v4.01 or v5.01 using ED V7.5. It fail to download so I tried to check port settings in the prog parameters in HMI, it would not allow me in to the parameters and would not go passed the boot screen after a power off. Now I am thinking that I need to reload an operating system into the HMI ? not sure tho, if anybody knows of anything I can try I would be extremely gratefull. Thanks, Jonesy.

Hi!

You could try to make a memory reset. o_O

Erase memory on E700:

1. Switch off the power to the terminal
2. Press down [<-] and [the Last F-key, (F16)] at the same time as you
switch on the power to the terminal
3. Keep the keys pressed for 2 seconds after power on.
4. Delete the Driver
5. Clear the clock Ram
6. Format the flash.
7. Reboot the terminal

//Regards e.

As Edda wrote: Press and hold Backspace and F16 at power up, that should get you to a secret menu where you will be able to delete the program you tried to download. If that fails then you will need the Tools to download the updated firmware. I don't know if it applied to E700s but early E300s only had a 0.5 meg firmware and you can't put an up to date 1 meg firmware into it, if the upgrade fails with a parity error then you will need to contact Mitsi. If you have problems getting Sysload to start from Tools then you can press Backspace and F1 at power up to force it into Sysload mode.

Bryan