Online Moisture Meter - TOBACCO processing

automation2k

Hi!

I'd like to hear someone using a more economical Online Moisture Meter for Tobacco.
Our application just needs a moisture meters, other components (nictoine, sugar, etc) are not required.

Anyone ever experienced such a unit, which is solely for Tobacco Moiusture measuring?

any help would be appreciated.

I know of near-infrared (NIR) sensors that are used with tobacco amongst other things. Vega is one manufacturer.
Costs approx 20000 Euro per sensor. Is that too expensive ?

We use NIR from a company called Process Sensors Corp. on Potato Flake and they work well. They will not be cheap but I am sure they were less than 20K Euros.

Similar Topics

Hi. I’m trying to upload program from existing PLC S7-1200. Create new project in TIA v15.1 then upload. After upload successfully, go online but...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a way to detect if someone is online with the controller in ControlLogix (from logic) I'm thinking that maybe there is a CIP...
Replies
Views
Got a VIPA 315-2AG23 that i try to go online with but can't seem to make it work through a network. I can go online if i'm plugged directly in the...
Replies
Views
I'm getting the Dreaded "Failed to go Online with the Controller, Unable to Open Connection - All Connections may be in use" I suspect an...
Replies
Views
I'm getting the Dreaded "Failed to go Online with the Controller, Unable to Open Connection - All Connections may be in use" I suspect an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom