Backing up a PV+ program

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've developed a program with Factory Talk view studio relase no 5. What is the best way to back up a program. I would like to copy all the files to a thumb drive in case my laptop crashes. Typically I would use the "save as" to direct it to my thumb drive but this is grayed out.

Use the Application Manager under FT Tools and choose backup application. BTW is this ME or SE?

Yes, as I described above, use the application manager. I missed the title of your post. Since it's ME, the application manager will make an .APA file that you can move anywhere.

Similar Topics

How is everybody doing? I recently just got promotoed to controls coordinator for my plant. I will be in charge for all PLC related issues...
Replies
Views
Looking for some advice for backing up the programs on a bunch of old random PLCs. All I'm really concerned about is getting the program out of...
Replies
Views
Hello PLCs.NET! I'm trying to auto-backup some RSNetworx files. Any idea if it's possible at all? I honestly thought that it was just an...
Replies
Views
I just finished making my 3rd service call to a large machine shop, troubleshooting PLC issues. I can see that none of the PLC or HMI programs are...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am running Proficy Machine Edition 9.00 and am wondering if there is a way to back up all my programs at once. It is going to be a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom