AutomationDirect 05

lsc

I am an AB user, trying to start with AutomationaDirect DL05 series. Am having problems with basic configuration of 3 4-20mA inputs. Does anyone have a simple example program to set me straight.

Mike

SP1
-----[ ]----------------------LD K400
|
---OUT V7700
|
---LDA 02000
|
---OUT V7701

This Will put your data in V2000, V2001, V2002, V2003. Will be a value from 0-4095. More info can be found in Chapter 3 Page 10 of the manual.

One thing I found out is there are 2 instructions named "OUT". One is a coil and one is a box. You need the box version but if you just type OUT you get the coil version. So you just have to make sure to click the little box icon and select OUT from the list. (Hope that makes sense I don't have the software at work only at home so I can't look at it right now)

"One thing I found out is there are 2 instructions named "OUT". "

I've developed the habit of hitting F-7 and then typing OUT when I want the OUT instruction that stores the value in the stack.

You can also type 'OUT' and press the slash key "/" to change it to the "OUT" box. This also works for contacts and any other command that may have multiple types that are similar.

"Maybe I can answer someones question today!"

Well that certainly sounds easier than the way I've been doing it! I'll have to give it a try tonight. Thanks!

-Josh

Also notice, hd, that DirectSOFT 'remembers' the last box instruction that you used. IOW, if you hit F7 and type "OUT", the next time you hit F7, "OUT" will automatically be selected, and you can just hit return. Same for contact (F4) and coil (F5) instructions.

D-S does a damn good job at 'guessing' what you want to do. For example, if you want to enter a NO contact, just type the bit number and hit return. If you're entering a "C" bit, you don't even have to type "C"... :cool:

Look up "Hot Keys" in the help index. My mouse tends to get dusty when I'm using D-S. You can program REALLY FAST using the keyboard alone in D-S... (y)

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks Guys. I suspect that's what I have done. Used the wrong "Out". I shall try again this evening with 4-20mA loop simulator.
Mike

Not sure if that would be your problem. If you try to enter v7700 in the wrong "OUT" it tells you it is an invalid file type. Try it out and let us know.