SVX 9000 on DeviceNet

B Fix

I am having a problem with what I believe to be an SVX9000 Eaton Cutler Hammer VFD drive on DeviceNet. I have set up 19 of these drives already on DeviceNet. I have a DeviceNet network that has 6 of these drives on it. 2 of the drives seem to be sending me back the wrong information over DeviceNet. All the other drives I have set up send back the drive status, drive state, speed actual (in percent of Hz), and I have it set up to also send back motor volts and motor amps. All motors are using the 101/107 assembly, including the two that I am having trouble with.

The problem I am having is that two of the drives seem to be sending me back RPM instead of speed in percent of Hz. They are also sending something in the other two words and I have no idea what the numbers mean, usually they are around 32000. The customer said that these drives may be different than the other 19 that I have set up, but they are not sure what is different about them. Are there other cutler hammer drives that are available that would be sending me back RPM. Or is there someway that these two drives are set up to send back RPM, and if so, how do I change it to send me percent? I looked on Eaton's website but could not find anything other than SVX9000 information.

I'm really reaching here, B.Fix, but is it possible that you inadvertently have the two problem drives running in sensorless vector mode instead of plain-old Scalar V/Hz.

The reason I mention that is because in Scalar mode, the drive controls hz and knows almost nothing about rpm, leaving that translation to the motor. In sensorless vector mode, the drive is actually trying to regulate rpm without regard to hz.

Maybe that's why it insists on reporting speed to you in rpm rather than hz.