interfacing plc to a 8051 based system

is_razi

hi,
i want to interface a 8051 based system to siemens s7-312 plc through a mpi cable ,so i can send some data to plc or receive from that.
please guide me to do that.
thanks very much.
:( :( ;)

Search this forum and you'll see that this question has come up on numeruous occasions. The answer is still the same: NO, YOU CAN'T DO IT!

Why? Because this is a protocol owned and very well guarded by Siemens. Only if you're prepared to pay about a common yearly Western-European programmers wage they are prepared to discuss the possibilities of selling their secrets.

Good luck!

Or, dare I say, switch to Allen-Bradley. I designed a hand-held using an 8051 to interface with the SLC 500 and Micrologix 1200 using their DF1 protocol manual available on their web site.