Problems with Communication Siemens Mp377 HMI

jvjr

I have a Siemens 315-2 PN/DP PLC connected to a TP177B and MP377 touchpanels thru ethernet communications. I am using 2008 Win CC Flexible advanced software. I have no problems downloading the programs from my PC to both HMI units and PLC via ethernet. The TP177B is communicating during runtime with no problems.
o_O But I can not get the MP377 to communicate with the PLC no matter what I try. I can even ping the PLC and TP177B from the MP377. Anyone have any ideas? I spoke to the Siemens hotline and they told me to e-mail my archived project. That was this morning. No response as yet.

I do not get any errors. My runtime application starts up
but I can not exchange any data between the PLC and MP377.
All connections are by ethernet: PLC: 192.168.0.60 MP177B -
192.168.0.62 MP377 - 192.168.0.64 PC: 192.168.0.3 Switch -
192.168.0.3 subnet mask for all 255.255.255.0
As I stated in my previous post I can basically do everything
download/communicate except in runtime with the MP377.
The TP177B is working correctly.

Please tell me how the problem manifests itself.
"cannot exchange data" means everything and nothing.
Do you get any data from the PLC on the MP377 ?
Or does it display zeroes only ?
Or does it display "####" in the i/o fields ?
Or ?
Or is the problem only that you cannot transfer values from the MP377 to the PLC ?

Post a screenshot of the connection details in WinCC Flexible.

My numerical inputs and outputs display zeros. You
can enter a number and it will be displayed but the
data will not transfer to the PLC. As well the numerical
outputs will not display what the PLC is sending to them.
My pushbuttons will activate on the MP377 but the bits are
not set in the PLC. Additionally all the output bit
(troubleshooting, sensor condition, etc..) indicators
do not "illuminate" when commanded by the PLC.
I got a reply from Siemens tech support they are
experiencing very heavy call volumes and have at
least a dozen projects ahead of mine to troubleshoot.
I am working on the screenshot. We are basically
now "tearing" the machine apart for an international
shipment to somewhere I rather not go.

I checked the tags and online connection both are correct.
I will try to get a snapshot of the connection on tomorrow
morning. Still waiting for Siemens Tech support to reveiw
my project.

I just opened up an e-mail from Siemens Technical support this morning. They examined and tested my project and everything looks fine but emphasized they do not have my hardware. Right now the machine is on several trucks bound for an International shipment. However we have several others to build with the same PLC and HMI units. I have the HMI but not the PLC as yet. Siemens told me to perform some additional hardware checks. Right now everything is on hold until I get the next PLC.

You can try to monitor the TCP/IP Communication between your PLC and HMI with a packet sniffer, e.g. Wireshark.
The communication runs over port 102, so you can set a filter in wireshark to monitor only the relevant data.

The communication uses ISO on TCP. Wireshark has a dissector for this protocol, so you will be able to see if the communication on this level will be established.

JVJR have you fixed the problem? I am having what seems to be the exact same problem My Cpu is 315-pn/dp and profibus connections are 192.168.0.20 for PLC 192.168.0.21 for HMI 192.168.0.22 for cognex dataman1 192.168.0.23 for cognex dataman2. I get no values between the HMI and the PLC sometimes when it starts up but then I can go to the network cloud save and compile and check everything and I get no errors or warnings and When I download to the plc again it all is fine once again. I'm really confused about this one. We have 4 machines set up this way but only 1 is giving us this problem

If I remember correctly ( that was over three years ago ) what we discovered was in the Win CC Flexible Communication/Connection/Area pointer section there was some erroneous addresses entered in that area. After that problem was corrected the MP377 worked fine.

I finally got mine working and I did not change any code at all just changed the HMI somehow it loses the address whenever turned on. I have never had this happen before very weird. ?