Switching A SLC 500 (5/01) from RUN to REM

h3rk

I have this SLC 500 running a pretty vital piece of equipment, and it's in RUN... What I want to know is, if I turn the key to REM so I can hook in with my laptop and RSLogix, and see what's going on (troubleshooting a boiler), will there be any down time at all.

I've done this before but the equipment was down. I don't think the run light ever went out... And I know that switching to PROG and back is a pretty common reset step, so I won't be turning it all of the way to PROG.

I just can't find anything that says, explicity, "YES, switching from RUN to REM won't cause anything to change with the running processor"...

Can I get an affirmation? or a lesson?

A 5/01 does not have a key switch.

You can switch any AB controller from RUN to REM without any effect on the running program.

You can go online and troubleshoot without switching out of RUN mode. RUN mode just won't let you make programming changes.

The 5/01 and 5/02 do not allow online programming, but you can monitor the logic and edit data tables in RUN mode.

And, welcome to the forum!

Paul