AB PowerFlex 40 power up time

vkolluru

On powering up a panel with a compact logix and a PowerFlex40,
How long does PLC take to get into Run mode and how long does the drive take to get into Ready state?

I'm going to say that the drives and PLC will power up and be ready to go within 10 seconds. Now, if they are on a communications network (Ethernet/Devicenet/Controlnet) the it could take longer. Ethernet seems to be the worst.

The other factor is how long they have been off. Depending on the size of the PowerFlex, they can take a while to power down. They should also not be allowed to power up until they have completely powered down.

Powering down is not an issue for my case.
Can you roughly tell me how long the PLC takes to get into Run mode and how long VFD takes to send ready signal to PLC

I just plugged in our L31 and it took 11 seconds from when I plugged it in until it was in RUN mode. I can't be that precise on the VFD's because I don't have any in front of me but I'm sure it's close to the same.