Problem connecting to S7 317 PN/DP

TomBrady

Hi,
I am trying to connect to a Siemens S7 317 PN/DP to download a new configuration. Simatic cannot seem to get in touch with the PLC.
I am using the DB9 connector connected to serial port 1 of my PC.
I also tried connecting with the Ethernet port, through a switch without success.

Anyone know how I could diagnose this issue?

Thanks!

Hi,
I am trying to connect to a Siemens S7 317 PN/DP to download a new configuration. Simatic cannot seem to get in touch with the PLC.
I am using the DB9 connector connected to serial port 1 of my PC.
I also tried connecting with the Ethernet port, through a switch without success.

Anyone know how I could diagnose this issue?

Thanks!
You cannot connect with just a serial cable need the 485 converter(Siemens adapter).
If you have a cP5512 PCMCIA life will be easier as you can do MPI or Profi.
If you are trying to connect through Enet have you set up your IPs subnets and such?
Hardware configuration matches? NetPro and all?
Have you set up your PG/PC interface to use your currently utilized configuration?
You should start there and see what else pops up