RSView ControlLogix compatability.....

The short answer is yes.

RSView32 version 6.30 was released in February 2003 and was the first revision of the software to support Windows XP and the OPC 2.0 data standard. It had supported ControlLogix since the release of those controllers in 1997.

Here's an RA Knowledgbase Document # 23912, with a list of features that were new with that release.

If this is a new installation, I would very strongly recommend taking advantage of the past six years of development and get the current release of RSLinx Classic and RSView32.

Ok thanks

I set up the channel ok but when I go and do the node, it doesnt give me control logix, and if I choose say slc500 it returns a "not supported" when I drill down to the processor.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again

Just to clarify for others that might search this thread later:

Logix5000 controllers such as ControlLogix require the use of an OPC Topic which is configured in RSLinx Classic. You cannot use "Direct" drivers to talk with these newer controllers. Search in RSView32 help for information on configuring an OPC Server.

OG