Siemens s5 datawords

wout

I have a problem with an Siemens S5 135U plc.
How can i find DB11 DW17 in the program?
Somewhere in the program they transfer a value in to this adres, but i am not able to find this location
Can somebody help me?

Hi wout,

First of all, are you 100 % sure that the value is changed in the program and not from some kind of OP / HMI?
Are you using Step 5 software for editing the program?
In case of using Step 5 you can search the operand by the command:

Documentation -> Cross References...

Under "Selection" you but in as single operand "DB11" and make a search.
Take a note or print the result and then make a new search with the single operand "DW17" and then look if you have any correlations with the first search.

e.g. DB11 is used in PB12 seg. 3 - is DW17 used in a segment close to that one?

If this method doesn't give you any results you probably have a program that contains indirect addressing. Then you have to analyze the program and try to find the part of the code that could have something to do with DB11.DW17

Mvh/
Wille

Thank you very much for your help. Now i have found a location.
It's not a friendly written program, they youse much datawords in different datablocks for machine faults and i made an upload from the plc so i must read the program without comments or a little explanation.