Omran Sysmac C500

sachin5254

We are using Omran Sysmac C500 PLC but we do not have the software and connecting cable. Can anybody let me know what software & connecting cable is used for communication with this PLC. Where can I get the same.

You will need Syswin or LSS software and an Omron 3G2A7-LK201 host link. You can make your own cable. The Host Link interface unit is no longer manufactured - try Ebay. Try your loacl Omron branch or distributor for a copy of Syswin - it is no longer current and they may give it to you. LSS is awfull.

A couple of weeks ago some one was after "CAPS" for programming Omron and i think there was a free download - it is "dos" though.

It is less awful than LSS - lets you have sensible comments, not 2 rows of 4 characters!

CAPS programs cannot be converted into any other program type. I would strongly suggest Syswin.
CX-Programmer (latest versions) can be used to backup and restore to a C500 only.