PLC 5 and Remote I/O

just_lionel

Hi All,

Another day, another question.

I have tested the main panel and everything works like it is suppose to! I am working on setting up the Operator Panel with the remote I/O connection.

I am using a PLC-5/25 processor and the 1771-ASB module for Remote I/O. When I hit autoconfigure in RSLogix, it sits there and nothing happens. No errors, but nothing populates either. The Remote I/O light on the processor is off, and no lights on the adapter either.

I have the dip switches on the adapter set for Rack 2 and 57.6K and on the processor they are set for Adapter Mode and End of Link.

Any suggestions to point me on the right way. Like I said before, this is my first venture into PLC-5. Mainly have delt with SLC and ControlLogix, but have never set up remote I/O, just maintained it all.

Try changing the processor to "scanner" mode.

Adapter mode is for when you want the processor to behave like a remote I/O rack to a master processor.

here's another tip ...

before the system will do an "autoconfigure" it usually requires an "I/O Status File" to be set up ...

choose an UNused file number (example: 10, etc.) and enter it in the location shown below ... the system will use that number to create a new Integer type file to store its configuration data in ... just leave the file alone - it will take care of itself ... you basically just need to plug in the number ...

good luck with your project ...

iostatusfile.JPG

I've done that, and that didn't work, I am going to check the dip switches on the adapter and processor again. It is in scanner mode as well, throws me off there are no lights. I manually configured the rack and now I get a red light on the controller, which indicates a wiring or adapter fault. Am i correct in thinking that I have to have a restistor on both ends?

You need the same kind of resistors as with DH+.
However, it probably runs OK for testing even without a resistor.

Tru to swap blue and clear - in one end only !