Ab_pic stopped

Hello Everyone. I am in need of some help. I am trying to connect to an old school SLC 500 using the 1747 PIC module. I am running NT. When ever I try to go online the error message come up with ( Init Driver Failed, Current Driver may not be running) and sure enough it's not. In RSLINX OEM software I have the driver, and can select it but do not have the option to start it. Any suggestions?

Whats the best way to check if anyother software is tying up the port?

We used to have issues with NT recognizing certain RS232 hardware as a "BallPoint Serial Mouse." If that's the case, you'll see it in the NT Device Manager. Think it had to be disabled in one of the startup files... I can get more details if you want.

Thanks for the help guys. In the linx oem shows that the PIC driver is running now but, still wont connect to the plc. There is another driver running it is the pmck DH485 and it won't let me delete it. I don't know if that is interfearing with me trying to use the PIC driver. I was reading one of the tech notes and wondered if I need to be running the DF1 rs232 because the pic is using that port. The only to drivers that are configured are the pmck and the pic. any thoughts?

I don't believe the DH485 driver will interfere, but I could be wrong. You don't want the DF1 driver running. It could interfere.

It's probably time for the fine tooth comb:

What version of NT are yuo running?
What version of RSLinx are you using?
Has the PIC ever worked with this machine?

I don't believe the DH485 driver will interfere, but I could be wrong. You don't want the DF1 driver running. It could interfere.

It's probably time for the fine tooth comb:

What version of NT are yuo running?
What version of RSLinx are you using?
Has the PIC ever worked with this machine?

More questions.
What SLC500 do you have ( complete cat no. i.e SLC5/01,02) or?
What cable are you using between the PIC and the SLC?
Baud rate?
Node address?
Do you have the offline program for the SLC? ( check channel configuration)

Well... After posting the previous post, I looked at the pc and the pcmk driver was stopped and the pic driver was still running. I have no idea why it just started working ,but it did. I connected to the slc with no problems. Just to check I rebooted the pc and again connected to the slc with no problem. Thanks again for the help..