S7 : merge a program

glpdrumerx

Hello everyone I am wanting to monitor a program in the plc which is a siemens S7-300. I normally hook-up to the dp port and everything is fine. a programmer added some equipment to our machine and changed the program. he left a copy of the program but i can't log on and still have labels. I know in the A\B world you can merge the program to get labels but not sure what to do here. The programmer wasn't even pluged in the same port I use. Not sure if that is enough info.

You can compare on-line and see what blocks have been changed or added, you can also see what the changes are.

Then you can either manually update the off-line file or transfer from the PLC.

I would imagine you would do a bit of both.

(You can go on-line with a mis-matched project as well).

If you do transfer from the PLC to the off-line file, beware, a Data Block can lose all formats and descriptions and other blocks can end up with line comments (or rung comments in STL) out of sync.

Has the programmer possibly created a PG/PC interface file in the project?? this would only allow access using the configuration saved. This can be altered by double clicking on it.
Also you say he connected to a different port than you?? do you mean he was connected via MPI or was he just connected onto a "piggy back" DP connector??.

If you goto PG/PC interface in control panel, then select CP5611 PROFIBUS, click diagnostics and test the comms are good before opening the project.