RSView32 and L32E Communications

plc_va

Can someone help me out with the proper setup in RSLinx Classic Pro, RSView32 and 1769-L32E PLC using Ethernet.

I have RSLinx seeing the PLC, but I need help on setting up the RSView side and also is there anything that needs to be setup in RSLinx for RSView32 specifically?

Thanks,
Mike

Woops, got beat to it. In the linx tool bar click DDE/OPC then you can choose the plc that you want rsview to look at. (example-DDE plc1)When you create your tag database and tags you will have to choose which topic that tag is looking at. I think that's right. I'm sure I will get corrected

Wanting to Display graphical values for about 16 analog inputs and various regular I/O. Then also do some data logging. I have set up DDE before in Excel, but not RSView32.

This will be a new project. You have any screen shots on the config screens in RSView and Rslinx?

Hey Mike, search around through the archives. I'm sure somebody has posted a link or two for some set up procedures. If not, the Rockwell Automation websites should have it.
Setting up a project can get a little lengthy. Once you get started the gurus can help out with specific problems that you come across.
Jeff

Thanks guys, I did do some reading and searching today. I did get it to connect and will post back here later this week some screen shots, so the next person that has the same question can see what I did. Now on to my next question and will post a new thread...