Legacy Rockwell versions

RBeaumont

I need some ideas on getting previous versions of Rockwell software. I have transfered several licenses from a closed sister plant to my active plant. The transferes are legit and done by Rockwell, the licenses are in my name now. The problem is of course money. They had no problem transfering the license and sending me master disks, but I do not have the cd's to install the software, and I will not pay $18k for a support contract. In particlular I am in need of rsview32 v7.20, active display floating and dedicated, and active view server.
Please don't suggest Indusoft, that is my first choice but I already own this stuff. If I have to spend 18K for the Rockwell I will switch to Indusoft for 3k and be able to do more.

You can often find software disks (usually without license and key codes) on E-Bay.com.

Contact your local distributor PLC/Automation spe******t. They can download those versions for you and put it on a CD/DVD.

OG

** edit ** I don't know why "s-p-e-c-i-a-l-i-s-t" is being flagged

Ha ha, very observant! I noticed that in another member's sig block.

Moderators - can you add "spe******t" to the allowed list?

To prevent spam I think the site software automatically look for the drug names a-m-b-i-a-n and c-i-a-l-i-s even embedded in words.

With regard to the original post: Do the other things that the Tech Connect contract covers, including phone and e-mail technical support, activation replacement, media replacement, firmware downloads, and full access to the Knowledgebase, have any value to you ?

Maybe the issue right now is installation media for an old version of software, but are you going to come back to the forum in a month looking for an upgrade of RSLogix, or the newest firmware for a 1756-CNB ?

If the only thing in your plant from Rockwell Automation is an RSView32 system that costs you $18K annually in support, I'll eat my hat.

Sorry If I have offended you somehow, No I am not looking for some free upgrades for anything, I am not asking how to get away with something here. I am simply trying to find a way to use software that I am licensed to use without spending large amounts of money.

18K is for the entire Rockwell library I have. 4K for just the Rsview licenses. I can get Indusoft for 3k.

Our rep states flat out there is no way they will supply any version but the most current.

I have the licenses already. Everything I have done is through Rockwell customer support. I simply do not have the disks to install the software and since the version I am licensed for is not the current version Rockwell will not help.

I think you should find someone to make a copy of the disks. The licensing is really the only sticky issue. You OWN a license! Without the disks you have nothing. I'm using an even older version, so I can't help.

Check ebay, or coughtorrentcough....

I think in the vault we still own a copy and since the software will not work without the activation disk I dont see a problem supplying the cd image should we still have it. I wont be able to get to the vault to later today and probably wont get it pulled off till much later today if not early tomorrow. If someone assists you before then let me know other wise I will look around our valut and if we still have it I will send it your way.