Regarding Simatic S5 PLC

srikrish

Hi,
I am srikrish, I got your contact ifo rom PLC talk, I would like to know the following details :

1) How to check the availablity of PLC program in SIMATIC S5 plc submodule (EPROM - 375)

2) whether removing the battery from the power supply unit will cause loss of PLC program

3) If the PLC is kept idle for more than 18 months the battery in the power supply unit will needs replacement.

4) I am not getting the RN LED in the CPU unit, The SP LED is flashing. How to put the CPU back to RN condition.

5) Is there any posiblity to restore the OLD PLC program , if yes How to restore it.

6) in another simatic S5 system, The MP270 panel is not showing datas such as temperature, pressure etc, from The simatic S5 PLC.

7) I am connecting the PLC and MP270 panel thru Profibus connector, The connector is having a ON OFF switch, please tell me about the switch position and the function of the ON OFF switch.

Please send me the above details immediately as I am not having the previous PLC program.

Thanking you

Srikrish

First thing, what PLC? 90, 95, 50, 35, 55 etc??

In general as besty as I can remember.

1) Plug it in and turn on the PLC and see if a program exists using the S5 programming package.

2) Only if you turn off the power and the program is not daved to a EPROM.

3) A lot less than that, if the program is stored in EPROM then a battery may not be required, but an S5-50u for example would not start up without a battery. If a battery is essential , then the PLC would have to be powered when replacing.

4) Don't have data on the LED's to answer that. I do remember having to do an overall reset when unable to start and reload the program.

5) Only of you have a copy of it, then you would need S5 programming package and the correct leads to connect to the PLC.

6) No idea, is it turned on is the PLC running?

7) The switch on the profibus connector is for the internal end of line resister, if it is OFF, then it will expect two cables, one from upstream device and one to downstream device. If it is ON, it should only have one cable as this would suggest it is the end of line.

5)