Testing delay between 2 inputs

Minimum delay? Start a timer based on either-or of the two inputs, if the second one shows up before the timers .DN bit is set, fire the output.

SOR BST XIC I:0/00 NXB XIC I:0/1 BND TON T4:0 .01 10

SOR BST XIO T4:0.DN NXB XIC O:1/1 BND XIC I:0/0 XIC I:0/1 OTE O:1/1

Something like that would work, but if you are implementing a two-hand safety circuit, I'd strongly suggest getting an external safety module to deal with both inputs, rather then relying on the PLC for that function.

Last edited:
//start a timer if either input is true.
//Make the preset some value larger than what the max expected delay is.
BST XIC INPUT1 NXB XIC INPUT2 BND TON T4:0 .01 32767 0

//as soon as both inputs are true use a oneshot to move the timer ACC to a register.
//note: use ONS instruction for ML/CLX/PLC5 processors, OSR for SLC processors
XIC INPUT1 XIC INPUT2 OSR B3/0 MOV T4:0.ACC N7:0

N7:0 contains the amount of time between the two inputs. You can then use comparison statements to set your various outputs.

My question was more related to detecting a double stack and to block entrance in a production line when the 2 products are misaligned.
Alaric answer was more what I had in mind.
This is the most simple way of evaluating misalignment and act accordingly.
Thanks alot for the prompt response.
Great day to all of you.:)

The only problem with this solution si that it does not verify that there is a second product.
When only one is detected, the timer value will never be transfered.
We then need to test that both products are present at the detection point (while one signal is active).

If I do this; (your 2 first rungs), then add a third testing if the delay exceed the setpoint, or if the timer is active for a certain amount of time, at least half the time the first product takes to pass (because the product would fall off if it sticks out more than half its length) and there is no de tection;

BST XIO I:0.0/0 NXB XIO I:0.0/1 BND TON T4:27 0.001 1000 0

XIO I:0.0/0 XIO I:0.0/1 ONS B3:0/7 MOV T4:27.ACC N7:61

BST GRT N7:61 N7:43 NXB XIO I:0.0/0 XIC I:0.0/1 GRT T4:27.ACC N7:62 BND OTE B3:0/6

Wouldn't that do the trick?
(our sensor are NO contacts)