FTView Server Client using domain controller

gakpapa

Dear all,

i want to install FTview Server and client on a network that has a domain controller.

i've tried install FTview Server Client on a workgroup, and it worked.

but on a domain network, i dont know why, i got and "unable to connect to the HMI server".

from client computer, i can ping server, i can access it's shared doc, I can see the SE network application on the server comp, but i cant select the HMI server i want to connect.

well..a network with a domain controller, has lots of policy. should i open some particular port services?

Thanks in advance for any help

roe

Did you join both to the domain?
Do they each have actual computer accounts in the domain?
Are you using a domain login for both?
Are they on static or dynamic IP's?
Will the client run on the server box itself?
By FTView, I assume you mean 5.0 or greater?
Did you set up a FactoryTalk network directory on each computer?

Hi RDRAST,

Did you join both to the domain?
- yes, both computers are join the same domain.

Do they each have actual computer accounts in the domain?
- anou..what do you mean by this?

Are you using a domain login for both?
- i am using local admin account for log in to both PC. should i have a network admin account to use this software?

Are they on static or dynamic IP's?
- dynamic, they got their ip from DHCP

Will the client run on the server box itself?
- you mean i can run network client on the server pc?yes it can run on server PC

By FTView, I assume you mean 5.0 or greater?
-FTView 5.0 CPR 9

Did you set up a FactoryTalk network directory on each computer?
- already did that. on the server PC, i assigned network directory on localhost. on the clients PC, i use server PC for network directory.

Thanks&regards,
roe