Panelbuider 32 to Factorytalk conversion

Well it isn't too bad.

Open up FactoryTalk View Studio.
Choose to make a new application, give it a name and hit import.
Pick the type of program to import(For your question it will be the first choice) and it will walk you through the process.

You may have to correct fonts and such as they don't always convert nicely.
You WILL have to set your communications back up in RsLinx Enterprise.

Conversion went well, but having no luck in setting up the com link. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Given I have SLC 5/03 Chan 1 DH485 19200, Chan 0 DFI Full duplex 1200. The old panel view was set up to get its info from Chan 0.

You'll need to create the RsLinx Enterprise config, create the shortcut and associate the shortcut w/ the right communications path.

Bottom left of the View Studio screen, Communications setup.

Add the Serial DF1 driver if it isn't already there(right click, add driver on the RsLinx part of the tree in the right pane), set your baud rate and whatnot. Create the shortcut(If you look at how the tags are setup, chances are they are in this form for the address ::[Baggage]N7:29 , The part between [] is the name of the shortcut you need to create and associate with your communications path.

The help files are pretty good here if you get stuck.

Instead of having the shortcut point to the Panelview, Have it point to the processor itself.
You are setting up the communications from the point of view of the Panel here.
Once you get it set the way you like it, remember to hit Copy from Design to Runtime.

Dr. Evil, what happened to mini me? Have not seen your faces and comments around lately.

What I would do, is read some online articles.

Greetings from sometimes sunny South Africa

I did a 32 to plus convert and had loads of trouble with the comms, my problem was solved by setting the comms in FT+ first and then doing the import. Importing and then doing the comms afterward just didnt work for me.