Watchdog fault

gsmoh2000

Dear All

i have watch dog fault type 6 code 2 (periodic task has not completed before its time to excute again)

this program makes the secondary controllers fails and CNBR also
i open the program to go online , and when i do that , it looks that the programs making changes , and correclating
when i clear the minor fault and reset the communication card again the PLC goes healthy
but when i went go offline , the logix5000 ask me to save and upload the program but i didn't do that.
i check the system timing and date i found its 24-01-99 and i know these series already manufacture after this date

so please advise me with the solution to can solve this program quickly

regards

The minor fault probably means exactly what it says: there is a Periodic Task that is configured to run faster than it can complete. This is called "task overlap".

How fast are your periodic tasks configured to execute ?

What is the maximum execution time for each Periodic Task ?

The easy solution is "slow down the periodic task execution".

If this is a critical system, I very strongly recommend that you get assistance directly from the designers or from Rockwell Automation.