Siemens DP/DP coupler using 505 workshop

tim TKW1

I am trying to set up a DP coupler to use with a TI555-1105 PLC and an S7-300. I am using Com-Profibus to configure the profibus network and the DP coupler modules. I am able to configure the modules for bit data transfer with no problem but I cannot pass any word data unless I set up the DP coupler configuration with "64 word" module. I know there is a way of converting the byte modules to word data but I am not able to do this. Would anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to accomplish the conversion from X to WX and Y to WY.

Thanks,

Hello Tim

Did you configure for example in com profibus in two slots 16 bytes output and you merge it into workshop then you will see for the two slots 128 Y addresses.
If you select slot 1 and press the button “Y<->WY” then you will see 8 WY output addresses instead of the 128 Y addresses.
Repeat this for slot two and after that press the “Compact” button.
Then you can configure 32 words in one slot.
The same applies for the inputs.

If you make use of workshop 4.32 the you don’t have to use com profibus any longer because this workshop version has a build in profibus configurator.

Regards

Henny

Henny,

I currently have the DP coupler configured for 1 byte input, 1 byte output,4 bytes input consistent, 4 bytes output consistent. I want to convert the 4 bytes input from X to WX and the 4 bytes output from Y to WY. The buttons for this conversion (X<WX) and (Y<WY) are greyed out for some reason. I have tried doing this with both consistent and non consistent I/O.

Hello Tim

For testing I also configured the dp/dp coupler with com profibus and merged into workshop.
For DP /DP coupler I used in comprofibus.

Station type: DP/DP coupler
Order number: 6ES7 158 0AD00 0XA0
Device master file: SIEM8070.GSD

Configured for slot 1 1byte input
Configured for slot 2 1byte output
Configured for slot 3 4byte input consistent
Configured for slot 4 4byte output consistent

After that I merged this configuration into workshop and could convert the 4 byte input to 2WX and the 4 byte output to 2 WY.
The configuration for slot 1 and 2 are 8 discrete inputs X and 8 discrete outputs Y

When I highlight one of the slots in workshop all the buttons are visible X<->WX,Y<->WY etc.
Only when I try to convert slot 1 to WX or slot 2 to WY I got a message from workshop
“Cannot do X<->WX if the slot contains discrete inputs that are not in multiples of 16” but that makes sence.

Used version of workshop for this test is 4.31

Regards
Henny

I must have a problem with the profibus configurator because my buttons for changing a X<>WX and Y<>WY are greyed out all the time even when I highlight the slot. I am also using version 4.31, but I just recenting had IT do upgrades on my computer.

Thanks for your help,

Tim