Unexpected alarms in WinCC

Bemstra

At one site we've installed a WinCC HMI, connected to a S7-400 FS PLC. Now every once in a while (6 months) unexpected alarms and trips show up, both on the actual alarm as well as on the historical alarm side. The trending shows no change of values and the machine stays running. Based on the incorrectly displayed trip bits it should shut down. I'm confident the behavior derives from the HMI and the PLC still does the job safely, but I can't lay may finger on the cause of these alarms. I thought of a fiberoptic linkage (between PLC and HMI) issue, but they insists all is OK there. Looks like an incorrect buffer change. Anyone suggestions?

Similar Topics

[Update: fixed a typo in the image.] See the image below, especially the blue-ish annotations. The three rungs ending in output coils -( ) are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've run into an error I haven't seen before while attempting to download the “Programming” tab of RMCTools to an RMC200 Lite I just got...
Replies
Views
First, a background on the equipment so you know what is going on. I have an AB ControlLogix L63 processor controlling some Mitsubishi...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm getting a bunch of these warnings when I build the program in Connected Components Workbench. The program is legacy code. The program...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am dealing with an issue with the ModuleStates function. My program passes the value "1" to the parameter LADDR. This value "1" is set...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom