Ramping PLC Output

tvich

Anyone out there a suggestion for ramping a PLC output for a Logix5000? I could do it with a time entry, and a gain amount, but just figure there'd be something build in for this. Ramp/Soak seems a little excessive for me.

Anyone, Bueller, Anyone, Bueller...

Thanks

I have done quite a bit of this, and I create a timer to my liking, say 100ms, and ramp based on that, and it works out quite well.

Wow..alot of firepower for support here, thanks guys.

This was nothing complicated. I'm simply going to ramp the output for a VFD, supplying water. I believe I'm going to just use a simple timer and small gain. I just thought there might be an instruction for it.
(I was originally going to use a PID and increment the setpoint, but figured for my app, this was more complicated then need be.)

There is S-curve (SCURV) instruction in RS5000, which may be configured as ramp instruction. SCURV instruction is not available in ladder logic, only in function block or structure text.

PaulB.