RsTrendX makes me sick

rleon

Hi:

Do you know is there exists another ActiveX to use instead of RsTrendX in FTView SE?

I'm really sick with this damned control. It causes me a lot of trouble and every patch that I apply to it comes with another problem. I really miss the old trending of RsView32. Limited, but very stable and functional.

The problem that I have is with trending data from Historian SE. When I change time span, the trend hangs with the popup "Loading Historical Data...". When I cancel the popup and open another display, the display doesn't open, the application stays with grey background with nothing else to do. I have to restart the computer (if I only restart Client application, it doesn't open). A real headache. I downloaded a patch that suppose to correct the problem, but it's still there.

Sometimes, when reading data from datalogs (I gived up with trending Historian, I will use PI data only in excel DataLink) the trend doesn't show historical data, only shows real time, but if I change the time span, the data appears completely. For example I open the trend with 1 hour span, doesn't show historical data, but if I change to 2 hours, the historical data appears. If I go back to 1 hour, the data "dissapear".

Any idea? Thanks!

I use RSView 32 and I prefer to use the RSTrendX in preference to the native trending available with RSView 32.

Now I do note a difference, that may be what you are seeing the results of.

When you select a start time of NOW on RSView 32 the start is on the right of the Graph, that being the case you see on display, the previous 1 hour time span going of to the left.

Now on RSTrendX the start time is on the left of the graph, and if that point is NOW, then you must wait for your time span to fill in the graph in real time, say of 1 hour, the history from NOW, is further back in time, off further to the left than what you have on display, and is not visible unless you move back in time by say 1 hour