EPROM made on SLC5/04 OS401C fails on SLC5/04 OS401B ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi there.

I have sent an EPROM to a customer with a minor modification.
Upon installing the EPROM, the CPU fails.
Unfortunately, the customer dont have any programming software to read out the error code, he only reports that the CPU fails with the new EPROM, runs OK with the old EPROM.

Since the customers project is quite old, and I have a fairly new CPU at home to make the EPROM, I wonder if that is the reason.
My home CPU has OS401C, and I think the customers CPU has OS401B.

Anyone knows ?

The plot thickens.

Collegue of mine says that newest EPROM (1747-M13) are incompatible with old firmware versions. This is probably the real problem.

Can someone confirm that upgrading the firmware to OS401C will allow the M13 EPROM to load ?
There is no electrical snafu with old SLC5/04 CPUs and new EPROMs ?

Jesper

Im not sure about M13's or Newer Firmware

But i can tell you that an M11 EEprom burned on a series C will definately not work when put in a series B. They are not backwards compatible.

However if you burn the EEprom on a series B then it will most definately run on a series C.

I had this problem the other day when on site, i was lucky enough to be able to swop out for a series B, burn all EEproms on this and then run in Series C.

And as a side note when i changed the series C program to a Series B processor i got some sort of warning to the effect that data tables would need resizing etc. So this may be why Series C wont run on a Series B processor ? Perhaps Ken can chip in here to explain ?!

Last edited: