Telemecanique Modicon M340 P341000 help

B Fix

Hi,

I have never used one of these processors before and am at a loss as how to connect to it. I have installed the Unity Pro M software along with the Unity Loader, and the Unitelway, Modbus, and USB drivers. I connected the processor up to power, the Run light is flashing red, and also the Card Err light is solid red. I have the PLC connected with a USB cable to my computer. This is where I am stuck. I'm used to RSLinx where I can browse out to my processor, but I am not sure how to connect to the processor to program it. I open up the Unity Loader and don't get anything showing up. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I looked at the processor and the ERR light is flashing, not the run light as said previously. I just installed the elements on a different computer and instead of my PLC USB driver just saying "connecting" like it does on my computer, it says "running" on this other computer. Also, when I plug the PLC into the computer, it comes up with a new hardware wizard, which I didn't think it was suppose to do.

when you plug in the cable it will start the new hardware wizard and link the cpu to your usb drive. In unity you must go to plc-->set adress. then under the plc side at adress type in "SYS" and at media select usb. Also make sure you have selected plc on your toolbar and not simulator. At this set adress window you will see a check mark next to plc or simulator

Thanks for the information. I was able to get this connection to work on one computer, but on my other computer, the PLC USB driver just says "connecting" and never actually connects to the PLC, I tried different USB ports on my computer and none of them were able to get the driver to say "Running" like it does on the computer that I was able to get connected to the PLC.