NetBookWithWindowsXP

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Do you think that RSlogix 500 will run OK on a Netbook computer with Windows XP Home?
Has anybody tried?
I don't see where XP Pro is required on the system requirements page.
IT is trying to save money.
IT can be so persistent sometimes.:rolleyes:
Thanks for any advice.

Whenever RA mentions "Windows XP", they mean Windows XP Professional.

RA does not test or support Windows XP Home, Windows XP Tablet Edition, Windows XP Embedded, Windows XP Fundamentals for Legacy PCs. Did I miss any ?

I have found multiple technotes emphasizing that RSLogix 5000, RSView32, FTView ME, FT View SE, etc. specifically will not install or run on Windows XP Home. A blanket "we do not support or test XP Home" statement has been insufficient to keep a lot of users from trying.

If RSLogix 500 and RSLinx Lite were the only RA software applications you were trying to run, and you thought you could handle using the small screen, and you didn't need any unusual communication drivers, you might take the risk.

Your local RA office should be willing to write you a strongly worded letter indicating they "do not test or support" XP Home. If they won't do it, send me a PM and I'll do it. I love being officious.

Unless of course you want the shiny new toy and are willing damage it a little right away so they can't send it back. Then just let us know how it works.

Back
Top Bottom