PVP700, move focus without entry

vk_bt1

Hi all, I currently have an application that uses a PVP700(OP, i.e. non touch) to enter a whole bunch of product data on a screen. It is layed out in a matrix. I have the values all on the screen and mapped to tags, but it has been requested that the Function keys select each of the ten rows without actually prompting for entry via the scratch pad or popup keypad.

I tried to set up a dummy input at the start of each row, but as soon as a Function key is pressed, it wants you to input a value into it. If I leave it without a tag assigned it generates an error. Is there any way to do this or is this simply a limitation of the unit, and we are stuck with the tab keys to cycle through 80+ fields?

Ideally, a way to select focus on a string tag (there is a string at the start of each row of numeric inputs) without being prompted for a value, then having to press the enter button to actually initiate data entry. But at this stage a dummy tag, or some other similar method would be acceptable.

I gather from other posts that the up and down arrow keys are not able to be used for moving the focus, is this definite, or is there a workaround? I'm surprised that I can only seem to map the F & K keys.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm guessing I'm pusing it uphill here ;) We found a workaround of sorts, far from eloquent, but saves some time over having to tab forwards or backwards through 80 odd input fields.