Panelview Plus 1000 and 600 Questions

tadams73

Im new to panelview Plus 1000 and 600. What software and cables do i need and will i be able to upload modify and download tho orignal files from these. Thanks

Panelview plus 600 & 1000

in both the panelview u have to use "factory talk view studio" softawre!!
and u can use ethernet or serial cable (both side 9 pin female port) (cp3)
:rolleyes:

Thanks & Regards
Shirish Shrivastava

One catch, the file in the screen will be an ".mer" file which you can not edit.

The edit-able (non-compiled) file will be an ".acd"

If you don't already have the original, you will have to start from scratch to make modifications.

Although you can download the ".mer" file and keep it as a backup in case the screen dies.

The edit-able (non-compiled) file will be an ".acd"

I think this is a typo...for the PV+ it would be .apa

The .acd is RSLogix5000 I believe since I don't work with it that often.

Also, there is a PDF floating around that tells how how to extract some information out of the .mer file but it doesn't get it all but it may be a start if you don't have the .apa file.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use a serial cable, just buy a compact flash card and a reader. You can write a batch file to do the copy for you so you don't have to navigate the menu. Much faster than a serial cable.

I use the following in a batch file to backup what is currently in the panelview and load my new app. Keep in mind, we always keep only one file on the terminal and we always keep it the same name. It's kind of crude, but it works.
Code:
REM    Create a directory on the flash drive
REM    to back up the original file
mkdir \"storage card2"\original

REM    Copy the original file to the flash drive
copy \"storage card"\"rockwell software"\rsviewme\runtime\*.mer \"storage card2"\original\

REM    first get to the proper directory
cd\storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\runtime\

REM now delete the old version of the mer 
del /f /q "*.mer"

REM    copy the new version from the CF card (top level)
REM    the file we are going to copy can not have any spaces
REM    in its name
copy \"storage card2\"*.mer

Call \windows\rebootsystem.exe /y
The reboot at the bottom doesn't work with 600's.

I should also mention that the batch file should be called "autorun.bat"

Last edited: