Mitsubishi FX2N PLC and Keyence CV-2100 Camera (PLC LINK?)

oncewaslost

Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller:cool:

Does anyone know if it is possible to interface any of the Keyence CV-2100, CV-3000 or CV-5000 cameras with a Mitsubishi FX1N, FX2N or FX3U PLC's using the PLC link function of the Keyence camera? The Keyence manuals list support for A and Q PLC's, but not FX. I have heard rumor that it can be done.

I have tried a CV-2100 and an FX1N w/232BD without any luck. I am able to use the combo with no protocal OK.

I am a little confused by the term "PLC LINK" and can not find any reference in any Mitsubishi literature. Is it similar to "computer link" or "parallel link"?

Thanks!

the Mitsubishi FX1N, FX2N & FX3U supports RS232, RS422, RS485 & Ethernet communications. Protocols - Modbus(slave) and others.
But what is the Keyence requirements?

PC Link is a generic term is used to specify the interface from a PC to a PLC. This is not uniform protocol specification Modbus is. For instance, Mitsubishi and Toshiba both use the term Computer Link for the serial protcols and yet they actuall command set is completely different.

That said it is a little knonw fact that the Mitsubishi FX serial protocol and the Format 5 protocol that can be used in the A and Q series are the same. If the Keyance can use this protocol then it stands to reason thatthe FX devices can talk to them as well.

i've been using CV-750. it's simple ascii protocol (you can test it from PC using hyperterminal for example).
also if I recall, the CV needs to be configured, both devices must have matching port settings and make sure cable is correct.

That said it is a little knonw fact that the Mitsubishi FX serial protocol and the Format 5 protocol that can be used in the A and Q series are the same. If the Keyance can use this protocol then it stands to reason thatthe FX devices can talk to them as well.

Thanks for that info.

Like I mentioned in my original post, no protocol works fine. I can receive an ascii result from the Keyence. It just takes extra programming to use it this way. If I can get the Keyence to directly manipulate the bits in the FX plc, it would be a lot more effecient.

Thanks for giving me some hope.

Just to follow up,

I did get the PLC Link function to work with an FX1N w/232BD and the CV-2100. I would have to assume it will work with the other FX PLC's and other Keyence cameras.

Thanks!