Similarity of Square D and Idec

Matt O'H

Newbie curiousity,

I've used Idec's FA2J PLCs and was wondering if anybody had ever mixed Idec FA modules with Square D 8005 Model 50 modules.

They are physicaly similar but what about electrically?

They are all obsolete now but still turn up on eBay. I just use the old stuff for fun but am going to try controling multizone, multifuel heating with my colection of bits and pieces.

Newbie curiousity,

I've used Idec's FA2J PLCs and was wondering if anybody had ever mixed Idec FA modules with Square D 8005 Model 50 modules.

They are physicaly similar but what about electrically?

They are all obsolete now but still turn up on eBay. I just use the old stuff for fun but am going to try controling multizone, multifuel heating with my colection of bits and pieces.

As far as I know they are the exact same devices, just LABELED with the SquareD brand name. I have used them interchangeably for years, on the same jobs, although I don't recall mixing cards in the same system. I would expect it to work just fine.

Stationmaster

The processors have different coding, so their programs and software are not interchangeable, but the rest of the hardware is.